This weekend was kind of a rough one for me. I dined out on Friday night, and although I enjoyed myself immensely, I got lazy and didn’t bother to ask questions to the server about how they prep their food before ordering. Chances are I got a good dose of gluten exposure (or possibly something else, who knows), because I spent the entire weekend fighting off intense abdominal pain, headaches, and nausea. Sometimes I get too comfortable when I’m feeling okay, I let my usual practices slip, and then I get sick and am immediately reminded of why I follow all these nutrition principles in the first place. Ugh! Fortunately, I’ve just finished preparing a nice pot of bone broth, so I’m going to start working on bringing down the inflammation this week and hopefully make a full recovery soon.
In the meanwhile, I wanted to share some fun stuff that I’ve been really digging this past week:
1. This Paleo Pesto-Avocado Sauce recipe is amazing! I was looking for a way to use the fresh basil my aunt gave to us from her garden (along with other goodies, like homegrown zucchini), and I couldn’t resist trying out this recipe. Using avocado instead of parmesan cheese is genius. It gives the pesto a velvety, creamy texture (plus it makes it dairy-free, Paleo and vegan). I added some extra seasoning and a little extra lemon juice, and it was absolutely delicious. Even my non-Paleo hubby hasn’t stopped raving about it since.
2. I came across this business/brand-building post by ByRegina.com and was totally inspired. Although it’s directed towards bloggers, the post (and really, her entire website) shares useful tips for anyone looking to to create and grow their business, and essentially, build their brand. So if you’re looking for some entrepreneurial motivation (or just some entertaining musings), you must check out this site.
3. I’m feeling inspired by this book list from Mindful Memory Keeping. I actually already have a couple of these books sitting on my bookshelf which I have yet to read, and I’ve been wanting to set more time aside for “leisure” reading (i.e. not just my usual health-related books). This might be just the push I need.
4. I’m loving this post from The Rising Spoon about how to identify healthy eggs. It’s a great resource for those who are curious about how to understand egg carton labels (which are often misleading) and find truly healthy eggs (from healthy, happy chickens). Side note: I hope to one day be able to raise my own chickens, but in the meanwhile, I think Vital Farms is a pretty trustworthy (and transparent) brand (yes, these eggs are expensive, but you get what you pay for when it comes to things like this).
5. These 20+ Home Organization Ideas from Lil’ Luna are so clever and creative. Seeing that there are other people out there just as excited about organization, perhaps Jeremy can now stop making fun of me and my beloved sponge caddy (pictured below). Am I the only one who keeps different sponges for different uses? (C’mon, back me up here, folks!) If you’re interested, you can get your very own storage caddy here.
(*Note: The last link in this post is an affiliate link from ShopSense which allows me to be compensated on a per-click basis. Please note that I only share or endorse products that I personally love or have purchased for myself.*)