There are five reasons I love making this cucumber salad:
1. it’s perhaps the easiest recipe on the planet;
2. it allows me to enjoy a raw salad that doesn’t include raw leafy greens (unfortunately, I can no longer tolerate raw leafy greens and some other raw veggies due to having two partial colectomies);
3. it contains only five ingredients (not including seasoning);
4. it’s Paleo (and vegan);
5. it’s refreshing, healthy, and delicious!
Okay, maybe that’s more than five. But that pretty much sums it up. Although it’s sometimes fun to experiment with more complicated, creative recipes, most of the time, I’m more likely to stick to my nutrition plan if I have meal plans and recipes that are quick and easy to make. Plus it’s a great alternative to the raw leafy green salads I can no longer eat. The prep time is about five minutes: just chop, drizzle, toss, and serve!
- 4 or 5 Persian cucumbers, chopped into bite-size pieces
- cherry tomatoes, amount to your liking (I used varying colors for a more vibrant presentation)
- 3 Tbsp red onion, diced
- extra virgin olive oil
- raw apple cider vinegar
- unrefined mineral sea salt and ground black pepper
In a medium or large bowl, mix cucumbers, tomatoes, and red onion.
Drizzle extra virgin olive oil and apple cider vinegar over the top (amount to your liking).
Season with mineral sea salt and ground pepper, then toss with a large spoon until thoroughly mixed.
Chill until you're ready to serve. Enjoy!